Author’s Notes : I expect we’ve all had the fleeting experience of catching a strangers eye for a second or two…People we do not speak to…conversations we never have..except…
As I rounded the bend there you were with a group of friends, sat chatting.
Dark haired girl in the Park we did not speak not even with smile and yet
For a little while a fleeting time it seem our souls did commune in a beat
You asked how I was I said fine. I was out of range and did not quite hear…
Kid hanging free your blonded head out of that car window the cheeky grin
We shared showed that you knew how envious I was of you in the moment.
Then you were gone. Leaving me to wonder on alone…
You looked a right treat when I passed you in the street a few minutes before.
It almost felt like fate when, in the store, I bumped into you again in the queue.
But though our eyes caught we did not speak. I watched you go out the door
As my thoughts trailed off…
Grey haired old man, you looked worn, you blinked at me from the bus window.
I imagined you going home and preparing a microwaved meal for you dinner.
You seemed, for reasons I cannot divine, to be aggressive, as if violence was
On your mind. On the pavement we passed and eyed with suspicions gait…
All of you brief tenants in the apartment of my mind’s booming, buzzing,
Sensationalised tenement. I wonder…
Did I even register on the tapestry of your consciousness?
No comments:
Post a Comment